Old 26-08-2005, 11:29 AM
Justin

Default Yet another deficiency...

Hi all,

I was wondering if I could ask some advise of you all?

I appear to have developed a deficiency of some sort in my tank... I've
been to theKrib and had a look at the chart and it could be one of a couple
of things... Boron, Ca, Magnesium, Manganese, Copper, Zinc or Molybdenum...
I put 5 drops of Dupla Plant 24 in my tank a day, which is enough for
250litres and my tank is 200 litres... My sword plant's new growth is light
green, has holes, dead spots and the leaf lookes all distorted (kind of like
melted plastic) Also, the old leaves of the Aponegeton are going
brownish/red and develping holes...

I would have first thought Potassium - for the holes, but I add 1.5tps of
K2SO4 twice a week... I add 2x500mg tabs of Ca, and I add enough magnesium
to bring my level up to 5ppm... Can anyone please point me in the right
direction?? My Fe level has dropped dramatically since I added my PH
controller... It was at 0.5, now I am having trouble keeping it above
0.01... Could it be possible that b/c now I have brought my CO2 up to 19ppm
(previously I think it was 9ppm) that the plants are using all the
fertilizers and I am developing several deficincies at once?

Does anyone else find that there is ALWAYS a nutrient deficiency of some
sort in their tank? Do you think that it would be worth making some PMDD
that way I can tweak it to my spec's? I.e. more Ca and Mg than the Dupla
drops?

Thanks all.

Justin.