Old 26-08-2005, 01:31 PM
Jim Lewis

You are all invited to look at
http://www.phoenixbonsai.com/BigPict...positions.html
for the latest word on when the earliest large display of
bonsai took place outside of Asia.

snip

And I further refer you to Robert's full exposition on the
History of Bonsai. It represents an amazing amount of work
and dedication on his part. Go he

http://www.phoenixbonsai.com/BonsaiHistory.html

I truly hope that this work exists somewhere that is more
permanent than a web page. It would be a shame if some
electronic disturbance (or some other disaster) caused this
work to vanish.

I know better than to assume it would make a salable book --
or at least a money-making book -- but it would be nice if
it had a permanent home like that.

Well done, Robert! And thanks to the Phoenix Bonsai Society
for hosting it.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - When we
see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to
use it with love and respect - Aldo Leopold - A Sand County
Almanac

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++