Old 11-12-2002, 07:25 PM
Vera Gade

Default From 2000 to 200 squaremeters

snip
Be grateful for your new, much smaller garden: now you can get
rid of all the second-rate and mediocre plants, as well as those
you are not absolutely crazy about, and have a garden of only the
very, very best.
Rodger Whitlock
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

Yes! that's the thing! Woopee! Thank you everybody replying. I am busy
with catalouges and reference-books, Nick, in this ugly gray and cold
weather. Too early,eh;-? I don't think we have those Canadian-rose in
Sweden, although the Austin-roses are coming in the last years and they
must be more tender? The problem is to blend the different plants
together, so one don't take the better over the other. I think there will
be some good opportunities for ground- planting. Lavender is obvious,
should go better here in the sun, never did any good in my former garden.
But I know other places where they were quite good, but never as you can
see them in UK: I think it was at Castle Howard- in the walled
rose-garden- I did see them at their very best years ago.Oh yes, and in
the rose-garden at Mottisfont. Lovely to remember a day like this. The
hot, sunny,colourful fragrant rooms! Let me have a bit of it - soon!
Hej from vera

--
VERA GADE NORRKOPING
VERA @GADE.SE