Old 26-08-2005, 10:45 PM
Christopher Norton

The message
from (WaltA) contains these words:

I have only ever grown Japanese overwintering onions from sets.

Has anyone done a comparison, side-by-side of seeded vs. set ?

I seem to be a bit ahead of myself this year ( amazing I know !) and
have a patch of ground already prepared and am wondering if I should
sow some now and prepare another bed for the sets later.

I usually do autumn sets, this year I`ve decided to not bother with
Autumn sets and am going straight to "normal" seeds. All the difference
is that someone else started the onion off for you. My advice, give em
both a whirl.