Old 26-08-2005, 11:04 PM
pammyT

"Theo Markettos" wrote in message
I have some Gardener's Delight tomatoes which I planted in the ground and
seem to have gone a bit mental while I was away for 2 weeks earlier in the
summer. Each plant has sent up about half a dozen main stems from ground
level and produced about half a dozen flower trusses on each one. It's
probably helped by the drainage being so good that water drains faster

from
the small pot I've sunk next to them than you can pour with a watering

can.
They also get the washing up water on them.

Given the way the weather is looking, it's unlikely that those flowers

that
are still open are going to have time to ripen, so I've removed them.

Which
leaves me with a large pile of tomato flowers. Is there any culinary use
for them?

Theo

I have a feeling they are poisonous since the tomato is the same family as
the potato and deadly nightshade etc.