Old 27-08-2005, 11:29 AM
Kay

In article , FF
writes
Hi,

I posted a while back about my Fuchsia Riccartone dying off and had many
helpful answers. It's taken me till now to cut it right back with a view
to digging it up (it's big) and I've just found stems that are still
green in the middle, a little bit of new growth down at the bottom and
what look like half a dozen sports about 6 inches from the base of the
plant.

D'you think it's still alive?

If it's got new growth it's alive.

Can it recover from root rot if conditions
improve?

Yes

(Granted, it *is* in the wrong place). Is there hope or should
I dig it up all the same?

If you leave it in the same place, how are conditions going to improve?
I would dig it up, plant it in a pot with potting compost, protect the
new growth from slugs, and then plant it in a better place once it's got
going again - either this year or next.

--
Kay