Old 27-08-2005, 12:19 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "Spider" contains these words:
undergroundbob wrote in message

Well, I've always been a bit dubious about beer traps for slugs, but as
the weather has been so wet recently and my tomatoes are seriously
under seige, I thought I'd give it a go. So yesterday evening I put out
a half-pint semi-buried in the bed, went to check it this morning and it
is literally FULL of slugs. There's got to be thirty in there!

Disgusting but satisfying. Onto the compost heap they go!

Bob

--
undergroundbob

Sounds good to me. Four days ago, I found 16 snails on and eating a
Rudbeckia 'Sonora' which was intended as a garden-warming gift for a friend.
I am now on the warpath!

I've often considered collecting some of my hodmedods and giving then
the escargot treatment - I understand that they are just as good as the
Roman snail. (FQVO good)

Garden pests with garlic butter...

--
Rusty