Old 11-12-2002, 10:56 PM
Sue & Bob Hobden

Default Poorly Lemon tree

"Michael wrote in message
Wonder if anyone can give me some advice I have a lemon tree grown from

pip about 8 years old

All was going fine until the autumn when suddenly the leaves began

falling
off from the bottom up and it gave the appearance of dying rapidly in

fact I
thought it had died but there are still a few leaves left at the top

The tree seems to be stable now although no new growth

Can anyone offer me any advice on what is wrong ?

Possibly vine weevil? take it out of the pot and look for small white
grubs, usually sort of comma shaped. They eat the roots and can easily
kill a plant, treat with Bio Provado.

Also when did you last repot it in fresh ericaceous compost?

--
Bob

Runnymede fighting for it's existence.