Old 28-08-2005, 05:11 PM
Jenny

Mark Anderson wrote:
In article says...

our cosmos, raised from seed, have been particularly poor this year.
They go in the front garden in full sun (when it's out..!!) However
this year the show has been mostly flowerless.

These usually bloom late September, early to mid
October. I actually prefer this type of cosmos because the foliage
makes for a nice accent to my gardens and in general, I'm kind of bored
with the cosmos flower and after they flower they get all spindly and
ugly looking.

Well, if these big cosmos only bloom in Late September or early October,
I'm glad I yanked them. We get our first frost so early here that they
would barely begin to make a show.

And besides, I need that bed space for my ice pansies!

--
--Jenny

http://www.geocities.com/lottadata4u/ Type 2 Diabetes info
http://www.geocities.com/jenny_the_bean/ Low Carb info