Old 28-08-2005, 04:18 PM
Steve

OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:

In article ,
(Pat Kiewicz) wrote:

Anna said:

My husband has very light skin (red headed) and has had skin cancer

removed

in the past. I was wondering if anyone on this site knows of a place to buy
a very wide brim hat, like a sombrero. I've searched the internet, but none
that we have found have brims wide enough to protect the sides of his face.
Catalog address or internet address if you know of any.
Any help will be appreciated.

I think they pretty much top out at 4 inch brims. You might want
to consider a cap with sun blocking drapes (Solumbra or Coolibar are
a couple of brand names I am slightly familiar with.)

I bought a wide brimmed gardening hat by Sloggerwear this spring.
Best gardening hat I've ever had, but only a 4" brim. I use SPF-50
sunscreen (with zinc oxide) *and* the hat.

Order a sombrero from Mexico. ;-)

They have much larger brims than 4 inches!
I'm considering getting one for myself next time I go down there. (I
live close to the border). I am very fair skinned and am not a sun
worshipper.

http://tinyurl.com/bks6p

Wow, they sure went all out with the pictures for that auction! Look at
all the poses and costume changes just to sell that one item with a $17
starting bid! I looked at the seller's other auctions and looked at
another hat. Even more pictures! Interesting.

Steve