Old 12-12-2002, 09:05 AM
Druss

Default Poorly Lemon tree

"sparky" wrote in message
Dear All

Wonder if anyone can give me some advice I have a lemon tree grown from a
pip about 8 years old

All was going fine until the autumn when suddenly the leaves began falling
off from the bottom up and it gave the appearance of dying rapidly in fact

thought it had died but there are still a few leaves left at the top

The tree seems to be stable now although no new growth

Can anyone offer me any advice on what is wrong ?

Thanks

Sparky

Most common problems for lemon trees are incorrect watering, over exposure
to central heating or red spider mite, all three of which can cause the tree
to suffer and drop leaves.

Mine were dropping leaves, in the heated greenhouse, so I sprayed them with
something obnoxious to rid them of red spider mite and watered them with an
official winter citrus feed, supposed to help keep the leaves on and green,
cannot report back much yet, since this all occured more or less this week.

Duncan