Old 28-08-2005, 09:29 PM
JM

Emrys Davies wrote:
"JM" wrote in message

Hi,

I've got a couple of trees that I'd like to get taken out, but before

ring around for quotes that might be above my budget I'd appreciate if
anyone has a rough idea.

1 Hawthorn ~7-8m
1 Birch ~9m

Just looking for rough ideas, nothing too specific. I'm in Leeds if

it

makes any difference.

John.

Knowing the diameter of the respective trees would be helpful, also
their location. For instance, if they are at the bottom of you back
garden which has poor access and maybe up against a neighbour's fence,
that would add considerably to the cost of removal. You may want the
stumps to be ground out and that can be expensive.

That's the sort of info that I need to know :-)

Both trees are right in the middle of the back garden. Access is
relatively good (car port then gate in fence).

The trees are pretty mature. Both trees' span aroud 4-5m at their
widest points, although they're not too dense.

If possible, I'd like the stumps ground out but it obviously depends on
cost.

I'm only really looking for rough figures at the moment - e.g. a couple
of hundred vs a couple of thousand :-)

John.