Old 29-08-2005, 04:24 AM
Travis

Perry Templeton wrote:
I am whiling away the hours..waiting for the storm to pass. We are
on the coast and Hurricane Katrina is heading sort of our way. (we
are southwest of New Orleans)
I had a eucalyptus tree that was growing near a carport post. I'm
not sure of the variety, but it is a fast growing tree. Makes round
silver leaves...something euca. globe? Anyhoo this thing has grown
soooo tall in such a short time that we've had to tie it to one of
the porch posts. Twice wind has taken it and laid it down, but
after tying it back up, it does fine. Nothing fazes it.

As a preemptive measure, we topped it and cut about 5 or 6 feet off
the top. I'm thinking and hoping that cropping it like that won't
do it any major harm and that it will recover and branch out some
more. Am I correct? Perry

Topping a tree is *never* a good idea.

USDA Zone 8
Sunset Zone 5