Old 29-08-2005, 01:37 PM
H Ryder

I *might* be able to give away the logs, but can't guarantee it.

you may find that they quickly disappear if you just leave them in the
garden with a sign saying "free logs".

we have just had a couple of quotes for tree dismantling and removal
(Somerset). One is a brambly apple, near our house and a fence, about 10
inches trunk diameter with a rose through it. The other is a weeping birch,
slightly smaller. For both we were quoted about £230 removal (i.e. this
covered taking out both trees at once) (one guy knocked off £30 if we kept
the "bits") and about £120 for stump removal. HTHs,
Hayley