Old 29-08-2005, 02:56 PM
Bob Smith

"Kay" wrote in message
In article , Stargirl Stargirl.1ui6
writes

Hi all

Allotmenteering is going better than anticipated!

Have been quite successful with courgettes but just lately they have
started to turn yellow. They are nice and firm, not soft or gooey, and
taste fine but I wonder what is causing it.

Could they conceivably be one of the yellow varieties?

The leaves are a bit
mildewy

Tends to happen if there isn't quite enough water. Doesn't matter if
it's not severe.

and some have also gone yellow.

If it's just the bottom leaves, then it's natural dying off. The leaves
don't last forever.

If it's all of them, and you aren't feeding the plant, try feeding it.

What is best to feed them? I have been using tomato food on mine.

Bob