Old 29-08-2005, 11:35 PM
Frank Logullo

"djay" wrote in message
news:POrQe.4740$Uz2.1138@trnddc02...
I was looking at ficus trees today. At a local nursery they have 4ft

trees
in 3 gal planters. I plan on having the tree indoors and obviously need

repot it. Should I pot to the same size or larger? If larger, how much
larger?

BTW the nursery wants $21.99 for the trees. I've seen them at a big box
store for nearly double that price. Do you think that $21.99 is

reasonable?
I guess that is kind of a relative question. I live on the central coast

of
California.

My 15 year old indoor ficus is about 6 foot tall from floor and is in a pot
that size. I grew it from a cutting from a coworkers plant. They are easy
to propagate from cuttings and I've grown some for my kids. I don't give a
lot of water, add some lawn fertilizer occasionally and take outside for a
month or 2 in the summer to let the rain flush out the soil. I keep indoors
in moderate light and it looks good.
Frank