Old 29-08-2005, 11:36 PM
Emery Davis

On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 13:50:04 -0700, David Ross said:

] Perry Templeton wrote:
]
] I am whiling away the hours..waiting for the storm to pass. We are on the
] coast and Hurricane Katrina is heading sort of our way. (we are southwest
] of New Orleans)
[]

Hope you've weathered it alright...

] Those who advised against topping apparently have no experience
] with eucalyptus. They respond quite well to being cut, not merely
] topping but severely cut back.
]
[]

Further, apparently many eucalypts have very different juvenile
and adult foliage. When the former is desirable one is apparently
meant to hack the tree way back, "simulating" severe damage
so that it will revert for a few years.

The site www.eucalyptus.co.uk has some interesting stuff about
these trees. (I'm not affiliated, but I do intend to order some of
the rustic species this fall.)

-E

--
Emery Davis