Old 30-08-2005, 02:30 AM
mg

Default HELP - Blooming Maxilaria tenufolia

When I got this plant a couple of years ago it was at the end of being
in bloom, so I know it is possible for it to be happy. Then my wife got
a cat who ate it down to a nub. The plant came back strong in
semi-hydro. Now it has filled the pot, has bulbs growing on top of
bulbs, and has such a strong root system that the flexible plastic
semi-hydro container is now rigid and not quite round - the roots
pushing the walls of the pot from the inside. But still it will not
bloom. I've tried my sunniest southern window with flourescent
supplement and my western window. It seems to thrive in almost any
light conditions but still will not bloom.

Anyone have experience with this who can offer advice?

-mg