Old 29-08-2005, 09:25 PM
chris French

In message , JM
writes
pammyT wrote:
"JM" wrote in message

The trees are pretty mature. Both trees' span aroud 4-5m at their
widest points, although they're not too dense.

Teehee, when someone asks the diameter they don't mean the whole
tree, they
mean the trunk.

You see why I have to ask for advice :-)

Birch is around 15cm in diameter, Hawthorn splits into two 'trunks'
close to the ground, one around 10cm, another a bit less.

so not very big then.

I've never had anything like this done, but the house we now live in the
previous owner had some serious lopping of 3 largish tree's done and the
bill (he left it behind with the paperwork) was something like GBP 190.
(lop, remove brush, saw and leave logs)

So you are talking a some hundreds I guess rather than 1000's
--
Chris French