Old 30-08-2005, 03:48 AM
World Traveler

Instructions depend on where you live -- procedures in Florida will vary
greatly from those in the Midwest --
The best thing you can do is go to your local extension service office and
get some of their brochures on lawn care and have a dialogue with an
extension agent or a Master Gardener (if there is one). If you have the
time, sign up to take the Master Gardener course; otherwise, watch for the
extension service to have a seminar on lawn care. -- Regards --

"dcsligo" wrote in message
ups.com...
I've never had a garden before so am totally clueless but eager to
learn.

Basically, my lawn is in real bad shape - overrun with weeds, never
maintained. Though there does seem to be grass there someplace. My
question is can it be salvaged, or should i just till the lot? If i can
recover it, how do i go about doing it? I have just bought a lawnmower
so thats a start. When do i cut, water, aerate, fertilize, add lime,
etc??

Appreciate any help (Lawn care for dummies is on the way...).

Here's a pic if anyones interested

http://cresthillgarden.shutterfly.co...8AcNWTVm3ZMmNw