Old 30-08-2005, 09:12 PM
Mike Lyle

Jaques d'Alltrades wrote:
The message
from "pammyT" fenlandfowl @talktalk.net contains these words:

"David Rance" wrote in message
I read in the French version of the Which? magazine today that

beer
doesn't actually kill them. Just seems to make them drunk enough
not to be able (or not want!) to get away.

Works with men too :0)
How do you think I've managed to have 4 husbands ?

You fed them beer? But, it was careless of you not to keep them in

an
acofrolic haze thereafter.

This is a tricky one to find a gallant answer to. Pammy, I'm quite
sure, didn't need excessive applications of beer to get the boys to
stay put. Perhaps she overdid it, out of natural modesty, to the
extent that the poor saps no longer understood when they were well
off -- or maybe they even just got lost. Having been a third husband
at one stage of my checquered career, I feel I ought to be able to
offer more a substantial opinion. But I can't at the moment: I'll get
back to you after a couple more pints.

--
Mike.