Old 30-08-2005, 10:13 PM
Mike Lyle

Bob Smith wrote:
"Kay" wrote in message
In article , Stargirl
Stargirl.1ui6 writes

Hi all

Allotmenteering is going better than anticipated!

Have been quite successful with courgettes but just lately they

have
started to turn yellow. They are nice and firm, not soft or

gooey,
and taste fine but I wonder what is causing it.

Could they conceivably be one of the yellow varieties?

The leaves are a bit
mildewy

Tends to happen if there isn't quite enough water. Doesn't matter

if
it's not severe.

and some have also gone yellow.

If it's just the bottom leaves, then it's natural dying off. The
leaves don't last forever.

If it's all of them, and you aren't feeding the plant, try feeding
it.

What is best to feed them? I have been using tomato food on mine.

Tomato food is fine, as for roses. But actually, any old balanced
fertiliser will do, especially in the open ground. Thought I do
wonder if it's getting a bit late in the year to bother.

--
Mike.