Old 31-08-2005, 04:46 PM
Jim Gremel

On Aug 30, 2005, at 9:04 PM, Kitsune Miko wrote:

I have access to a growing ground. It is frequented by deer and root
eating gophers. I can use wire baskets in the ground to protect
agains the gophers and for the short trees I can also screen the tops.
Are there plants that gophers and/or deer don't like?

Kits

Most conifers are safe - you wouldn't need wire baskets.

Gophers loved the hornbeams I grew, but they never killed any. The best
preventative for gopher damage is a liberal application of cats. Here,
three cats reduced the thriving gopher population to a worrisome, but
apparently insignificant threat.

Jim

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --