Old 31-08-2005, 03:53 PM
J Jackson

: Hi I only have one Brambles bush and I want it to expand so I get
: enough to make jelly dose anyone know how to do that.

Tip rooting....

Bury the tips of 1 or 2 of this years new stems in the ground. These will
root in a few weeks and start a new plant. In a month cut the new
plant free of the stem you buried and carefully dig up the
new plant, and transplant where you want more brambles.

You may well find that the bramble will do this all by itself and spread
very very quickly. To prevent rampant uncontrolled spread, then don't let
the ends of stems touch the ground and tie them up somewhere.