Old 31-08-2005, 08:48 PM
Kay

In article , FF
writes
On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 11:29:53 +0100, Kay
wrote:

Can it recover from root rot if conditions
improve?

Yes

(Granted, it *is* in the wrong place). Is there hope or should
I dig it up all the same?

If you leave it in the same place, how are conditions going to improve?

Good point!

I would dig it up, plant it in a pot with potting compost, protect the
new growth from slugs, and then plant it in a better place once it's got
going again - either this year or next.

I was wondering if I should dig it up now or wait until spring. I
suppose I can bring it in the house for the winter if I dig it now, but
which would be best for the plant?

You were talking about root rot, which would suggest it's too wet. It's
only going to get wetter from now on, so if it were mine I'd dig it up
now. Have you got a porch you can keep it in rather than the warmth of
the house over winter? If not, then keep it outside, but possibly not
let the pot get completely frozen solid.
--
Kay