Old 01-09-2005, 12:01 AM
John Savage

"Andrew" writes:
Hi there,

Have you thought about salvias? I didn't know much about them, but the Royal
Tas botanical gardens has quite a collection, and they are in flower through
winter - quite amazing.

Cheers,

"Phillip Truscott" wrote in message
.. .
Hi folk, I live in southern Tasmania and I'm looking for some winter
flowering plants.
Last year when Burke's backyard was showing, Burke featured some red and
yellow winter flowering
flax, but try as I have, nobody in Australia stocks it or sells it.
Was it actually ever available anywhere, or was it just Television hype?

I think Phillip you need to indicate whether you get frosts in Winter.
I know it's cold in Tassie, but I imagine near the coast it would be
frost-free?