Old 01-09-2005, 12:01 PM
Kathleen

Thanks John!
With hope and heart,
Kathleen
--
Sometimes the Lord calms the storm,
and sometimes He lets the storm rage
and calms the child instead.

I wonder how awful it would be to plant some bamboo? I walk everyday

and
one of the neighbors down the road (same one who has all the ligustrum
blocking the view from road to house) has a bunch of it on the other

side
of
the ligustrum, and let me tell you NOBODY can see through all that.

Someone bought the property behind us and will probably build soon, and

would love to have a free privacy fence. Is there anyway to keep it

from
spreading?
With hope and heart,
Kathleen

Hi Kathleen..
Bamboo can be managed..First, there is "clumping" and "running"

bamboos..The
type you see all over around UT and down by Town Lake is badly neglected
running type. This type is very fast growing and will make a screen
fast..But if you don't put a barrier down it will go everywhere..
Now, there are "clumping" varieties of bamboo which are beautiful and

don't
spread like that..They spread more like a banana or a Cannas..They make

new
bulbs and grow right next to the old so your clump gets bigger..There are
numerous site about bamboo, just Google search and you will find a ton of
info...There are even Bamboo organizations who can help and I think there
might even be one here in Austin..

Hope this helps!
John