Old 01-09-2005, 02:19 PM
Roy

On 1 Sep 2005 05:45:59 -0700, "carol" wrote:

===Hi, I am desperate I have a 50 gal preformed pond. My fish have been
===fine health just fanncy goldfish up to 6 inches in length. Last week I
===had a 5 inch one floating in the AM no trauma to him eyes clear no
===gills and fins perfect. Yesterday again this morig again. I had the
===water tested Ph a little high but we have had some rain everything else
===fine. I added some plants a few weeks ago from a friends health pond.
===NO they fish are near the type slugish kinda of gulping for air. These
===fish are over 1 year old. I live in NY any sugestions, I was going to
===get them out but not sure where trying to get a aquarium. If fish are
===sick don't they look sick? Please PLease help...I don't even know where
===I am going to get water from to put them in.
===
===Carol

What George says! And get some aeration going...do a water
change.....and odds are things will improve almost imediately. Rain
water really does not provide a good oxygen sufficient water, and in
some cases it can be just as bad as no aeration at all.

"The original frugal ponder"