Old 01-09-2005, 12:33 PM
Klara

In message , Lol
writes
hi

Late August and September is an unusual time for birds feeding as there
are a lot of birds moving around. The migrants are moving towards the
coast and are stocking up on food in readiness for their journey.
Northern migrants (Scandanavia) are starting to move through the UK.
Residents (tits, finches and starlings) are starting to flock together
and are taking advantage of harvesting windfalls. There are more birds
around at this time of year than at any other time - after a full
breeding season and before the high mortalities of migration and
Winter. Once this all settles down, and food becomes harder to find,
they will start to move back into the gardens for food.

I suspect that what you are seeing is quite normal for this time of
year.

regards Lol

Well, that's what I thought - which is why I'm amazed that all the tits
are gobbling like there's no tomorrow ...
--
Klara, Gatwick basin