Old 17-12-2002, 09:46 AM
Nick Maclaren

Default Winter Gales

In article ,
Rodger Whitlock wrote:
There's been some repartee between other urglers and myself over
the issue of winter gales, which seem to be much worse in the UK
than we usually get here.

Well now you can all laugh hysterically at me: we had a real
blast come in off the Pacific Ocean yesterday and one of my
coldframe covers blew off. Not just blew off; blew away, utterly
away, so completely away that it is the windborne analogue to the
Monty Python parrot of fame.

It is a gone coldframe cover, lost, strayed, disappeared, never
to be seen again.

Such is life.

Well, I hope that it is easy to replace. Was it a lightweight job,
or a traditional timber and glass one? If the latter, then you get
some quite impressive winds :-)

Regards,
Nick Maclaren,
Email:
Tel.: +44 1223 334761 Fax: +44 1223 334679