Old 17-12-2002, 04:01 AM
Rodger Whitlock

Default Winter Gales

There's been some repartee between other urglers and myself over
the issue of winter gales, which seem to be much worse in the UK
than we usually get here.

Well now you can all laugh hysterically at me: we had a real
blast come in off the Pacific Ocean yesterday and one of my
coldframe covers blew off. Not just blew off; blew away, utterly
away, so completely away that it is the windborne analogue to the
Monty Python parrot of fame.

It is a gone coldframe cover, lost, strayed, disappeared, never
to be seen again.

Such is life.

--
Rodger Whitlock
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
Old 17-12-2002, 08:16 AM
Mike

In article , Rodger Whitlock
writes
There's been some repartee between other urglers and myself over
the issue of winter gales, which seem to be much worse in the UK
than we usually get here.

Well now you can all laugh hysterically at me: we had a real
blast come in off the Pacific Ocean yesterday and one of my
coldframe covers blew off. Not just blew off; blew away, utterly
away, so completely away that it is the windborne analogue to the
Monty Python parrot of fame.

It is a gone coldframe cover, lost, strayed, disappeared, never
to be seen again.

Such is life.

Gone?

Holy Mackerel, Flying Coldframe Covers.

:-( Hope nobody or anything was hurt/damaged when it landed

Mike

www.collingwoodassoc.org.uk Reunion. Chatham May 30th - June 2nd
River Class Assn Dinner Leamington Spa Sept 20th 2003.
Castle Class Corvettes Assn. Reunion October 2003 Isle of Wight.
National Service (RAF) Association reunion. Nov 2003 Scarborough.

Old 17-12-2002, 09:46 AM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
Rodger Whitlock wrote:
There's been some repartee between other urglers and myself over
the issue of winter gales, which seem to be much worse in the UK
than we usually get here.

Well now you can all laugh hysterically at me: we had a real
blast come in off the Pacific Ocean yesterday and one of my
coldframe covers blew off. Not just blew off; blew away, utterly
away, so completely away that it is the windborne analogue to the
Monty Python parrot of fame.

It is a gone coldframe cover, lost, strayed, disappeared, never
to be seen again.

Such is life.

Well, I hope that it is easy to replace. Was it a lightweight job,
or a traditional timber and glass one? If the latter, then you get
some quite impressive winds :-)

Regards,
Nick Maclaren,
Email:
Tel.: +44 1223 334761 Fax: +44 1223 334679
Old 17-12-2002, 05:14 PM
Rodger Whitlock

On Tue, 17 Dec 2002 08:16:46 +0000, Mike
wrote:

In article , Rodger Whitlock
writes

It is a gone coldframe cover, lost, strayed, disappeared, never
to be seen again.

Gone?

Yep, not a trace.

Holy Mackerel, Flying Coldframe Covers.

:-( Hope nobody or anything was hurt/damaged when it landed

The operative word is "where", not "when".

Old 18-12-2002, 09:58 AM
JennyC

"Rodger Whitlock" wrote in
message ...
There's been some repartee between other urglers and myself over
the issue of winter gales, which seem to be much worse in the UK
than we usually get here.

Well now you can all laugh hysterically at me: we had a real
blast come in off the Pacific Ocean yesterday and one of my
coldframe covers blew off. Not just blew off; blew away, utterly
away, so completely away that it is the windborne analogue to the
Monty Python parrot of fame.

It is a gone coldframe cover, lost, strayed, disappeared, never
to be seen again.

Such is life.
Rodger Whitlock

Well it won't be pushing up daisy's at this time of year.........:~)
Jenny