Old 17-12-2002, 05:14 PM
Rodger Whitlock

Default Winter Gales

On 17 Dec 2002 09:46:04 GMT, (Nick Maclaren)
wrote:

In article ,
Rodger Whitlock wrote:

It is a gone coldframe cover, lost, strayed, disappeared, never
to be seen again.

Well, I hope that it is easy to replace. Was it a lightweight job,
or a traditional timber and glass one? If the latter, then you get
some quite impressive winds :-)

It was a very light one glazed with "Coroplast" (two-layer
translucent plastic).

I think we've had stronger winds but this one was exceptionally
gusty, and quite violent for this early in the winter.

I did have a big 4.5'x4.5' cover blown off a frame a couple of
years ago, but it landed in a big bush of Fuchsia 'Molinae' and
came to no harm. And I'd left the thing propped open, so what did
I expect?

--
Rodger Whitlock
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada