Old 02-09-2005, 03:12 AM
Charles

On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 09:59:33 +1000
Trish Brown wrote:

AFAIK, sewage treatment is specific for human poo and cannot break
down the various animal poos. Dog poo, for example, is a true turd
(I'm not joking: that's the correct name for it!) and has a laminating
outer layer which protects the dog's intestines from mechanical damage
as bones and sharp bits of it's 'prey' pass through. This layer, once
hardened, resists breakdown of most treatments and can help to keep
parasitic larvae alive inside the turd, even through some pretty
severe chemical baths. (If my Mum knew I was writing this, she'd have
a coronary! LOL!)

OK I can accept that it may not be treated properly by the sewage
treatment process. I was unaware of the laminating outer layer
concept...that makes sense.

Now...as to the other claim, made by one poster, about the DNA
testing...ummmm.....how the hell would the "authorities" have a record
of the dog's DNA to test against?? I do not see how it is possible to
trace a turd back from the sewage farm up the mains, through many
branches to poor the poor old blue-dog whose master has put her turds
down the toilet. (And I am well aware that it can be possible to trace
the source of dumping of some untreated trade-waste through the
fingerprint that some chemicals will leave in the sewerage system).

Charles
--
If some days are diamonds and some days are stone....
Then some days I live in a quarry!!