Old 02-09-2005, 02:14 PM
Ed Rear

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from "Ed Rear" contains these words:

I have just cut down my privet hedge and replaced it with fencing. I
would
like to grow climbing roses to cover the fence. The site gets sun from
about
11am to 2pm.
Ideally I would like red roses, with a long flowering season. Profusion
of
blooms more important than size. Can anyone offer any advice to a novice?

More info needed. How much space is there to fill with rose (height
and width)? . What's on the other side of the fence? Which part of the
country do you live in?

Janet

Thanks Janet
Fence is 2 Metres high, and 5 Metres wide. Public access path on other side.
South East (Hertfordshire)
I have been looking at "Dublin Bay", which apparently has a long flowering
season, which would be my priority. However any advice would be very
welcome.
Ed