Old 03-09-2005, 04:05 PM
Sacha

On 3/9/05 15:34, in article , "Andy"
wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
.uk...
A friend of my daughter lives in Scotland and has asked if anyone knows the
name of this rose: http://www.deviantart.com/view/21967616/
And of this: http://www.deviantart.com/view/22494893/

The latter looks like some kind of Balsam to me but I'd love to know what
others think.

The latter isn't Himalayan Balsam, I'm sure of that. The former might be
called 'Schoolgirl' but I wouldn't place money on it. Schoolgirl is a
climber, and can get to 10 feet if you let it. Perhaps'Mrs Sam McGredy'
also.

I've seen a picture of the whole shrub now and it's definitely not a
climber, more of a shrub rose or possibly a very old and slightly untended
Hybrid Tea, I suppose. As to the former, the owner is thinking wild
orchid....
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk