Old 04-09-2005, 06:57 PM
sandie sandie is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by carol
Hi, I am desperate I have a 50 gal preformed pond. My fish have been
fine health just fanncy goldfish up to 6 inches in length. Last week I
had a 5 inch one floating in the AM no trauma to him eyes clear no
gills and fins perfect. Yesterday again this morig again. I had the
water tested Ph a little high but we have had some rain everything else
fine. I added some plants a few weeks ago from a friends health pond.
NO they fish are near the type slugish kinda of gulping for air. These
fish are over 1 year old. I live in NY any sugestions, I was going to
get them out but not sure where trying to get a aquarium. If fish are
sick don't they look sick? Please PLease help...I don't even know where
I am going to get water from to put them in.

Carol
Hi Carol

If all your fish look healthy i.e clear eyes, raised dorsal, flat scales etc, then your problem is not enough oxygen. If you do not have a pump that moves and oxyginates the water you must get one in order to keep your fish comfortable. Your pond is quite small so you do need a a good quality pump.

I hope all goes well.

sandie