Old 04-09-2005, 08:42 PM
WaltA

On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 22:26:28 GMT, "Alan Holmes" wrote:
"WaltA" wrote
so unless there is a way to spoof the nntp he is on NTL cable

Addendum :I should have said
",, the nntp he is on NTL cable in the manchester area ,,,"

(assuming that NTL names their network nodes in the same way that they
name their proxy cache machines)

Well I'm certainly with virgin, but in Slough!

Interesting, as I post using BT.

Yes, I saw that you were with Virgin from the node trace,
and looks like you are on ADSL via BT ?

Did we have a little misunderstanding here, you have replied to my
addendum post in which I was updating the info for the _other_ 'Alan',
the multi-x-posting 'Alan' who appears to be on NTL cable (? in the
Manchester area?) did you see my other post ?

OK on you being in Slough, is that anywhere near Winnersh ?
Cos that is where your Virgin access seems to be going into the NTL
network.

When I first posted the info I did not know how Virgin routed people,
I mean, if all Virgin broadband users were routed through a single
installation in Winnersh or not.
Since then, though, I have found several other Virgin routes into NTL