Old 05-09-2005, 12:09 AM
Jim Lewis

Terry Robbins wrote:
Hi All,

I was just gifted a small NZ Tea tree in severe distress from having
been separated from it's neighbor and stuck in a new pot. Almost all of
the leaves have turned brown and are dropping. There is some green left
on the tree however. I have read that these trees are difficult and do
not like their roots disturbed. But having never cared for this species
before I thought I would put out a call for advice.

Any hope for this little guy? I live in zone 5 in the Berkshires.

Not much, I think. You're right these guys DO NOT like
their roots messed with, and without _exceptional_ care,
would sooer die than survive.

I've never even been able to move one from a nursery pot to
a training pot. :-(

GOOD LUCK.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Nature

++++Sponsored, in part, by Bob Pastorio++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++