Old 05-09-2005, 02:32 PM
tomatolord

brazilian verbena

Wife calls it verbena on a stick.

Tall - purple flowers that once they go to seed the finches love

We also plant some chili peppers - now they have purple leaves and the
chilis are starting to turn different color - we only pick about 1/2 of the
peppers and let the rest go to seed for next years plants.

The red verbenas will do well

tomatolord

"ncstockguy" wrote in message
oups.com...
We would appreciate any suggestions for overall best perennial flowers.
The critera: That they bloom most of the summer. Take very little
maintenance, don't require a lot of water, and can take hot sun from
1pm thru the rest of the afternoon.
Any suggestions? We've got a spot in front of the house that needs
flowers. The soil is pretty good, so that's not a major factor.
Thanks.