Old 05-09-2005, 04:05 PM
Don and Marcy

Default Sticky Webs in our Hedges

Hi,

We have hedges in our yard which are infested with something which produces webs on the undersides of the leaves. There are lots of other bugs at the roots too. The stems in the center of the hedge are nearly bare of leaves but are still green with sap when trimmed down.

We are thinking to cut these hedges back and treat them aggressively with something to slow down the infestation. We are thinking about dilute boric acid but do not know if that will kill the plants or the suppress the infestation.

Any thoughts or ideas would be welcome. Thanks.

Don

--
Don Krieger