Old 05-09-2005, 06:17 PM
paghat

In article .com,
"told2b" wrote:

Don and Marcy wrote:
We are thinking to cut these hedges back and treat them aggressively

with something to slow down the infestation. We are thinking about dilute
boric acid but do not know if that will kill the plants or the suppress
the infestation.

Will likely kill the plants. Boron is toxic to most plants.
Trace amounts are OK.

Plus boron doesn't wash through soil but bonds & lingers. Two applications
can be enough to render an area of soil permanently unable to sustain
plant life. The number of people following some dumbass Hint from Heloise
style advise, who discover they destroyed their yard attempting to harrass
ants or get rid of creeping charlie, is truly pitiful.

-paghat the ratgirl
--
Get your Paghat the Ratgirl T-Shirt he
http://www.paghat.com/giftshop.html