Old 05-09-2005, 08:35 PM
robin

we have totally compacted, clay soil. we got a pick up load of compost for
$15 bucks at the durham landfill and planted plants in that, on top of the
clay. we have had great success with zinnas, big and little marigolds,
asian lillies, and butterfly bushes. they all take and minimum of water and
care, will also take a beating by the sun, and bloom their little hearts out
all summer.

robin in durham

"ncstockguy" wrote in message
oups.com...
We would appreciate any suggestions for overall best perennial flowers.
The critera: That they bloom most of the summer. Take very little
maintenance, don't require a lot of water, and can take hot sun from
1pm thru the rest of the afternoon.
Any suggestions? We've got a spot in front of the house that needs
flowers. The soil is pretty good, so that's not a major factor.
Thanks.