Old 06-09-2005, 02:07 AM
Displayed name

"Lynn" wrote in message
If you are afraid of losing them I would pick them and make chow or let

them
ripen on the counter. maybe just tying them up will help them get off the
ground. If you leave them on the vine just keep an eye on them.

My plants went in late because of poor weather and are just now ripening.

--
Lynn

wrote in message news:NnsSe.1156$jh7.360@trndny06...
One of my plants has quite a few very large tomatoes but they're not
ripening. They're so big their weight has them either sitting, or

nearly
sitting on the ground. I'm afraid they're just going to split. Should I
pick them and hope that they get ripe sitting on the kitchen counter?

We had also tomato which is over 1 kg per fruit (1.1 - 1.5) but all are
rippening. And inside a lot of "meat" and less seed, excellent, but less
resistant to diseases, so we had a lot of fight with diseases
(agrotechnical, chemical measures), and every second day need check for
diseases