Old 05-09-2005, 09:33 PM
Elaine T

Bill Stock wrote:
Somewhat rhetorical I think.

I was cleaning the boys yesterday (pond refugees) and I noticed that their
Ammo-Alert was far from it's pale yellow. It was up in the danger zone, so I
tested with the Ammonia kit and it was reading around 400. YIKES. So I did a
water change and added all the Ammo-Lock I had. I also added some Stress
Zyme, but I've never had much luck with this in the past. I'll keep doing
daily water changes and replacing the Ammo-Lock until I get things going
again,

Any advice appreciated.

I've never had it happen, but perhaps the antibiotic in your food is
eliminated by excretion rather than metabolized. Seachem's Stabiliby is
supposed to be good for restoring a cycle.

--
Elaine T __
http://eethomp.com/fish.html '__