Old 07-09-2005, 01:20 AM

GA pinhead:
I picked two of the monsters that had a slight orange/red tint and they seem
to be ripening nicely on the kitchen counter. The smaller tomatoes that
I've been picking from the container plants are much smaller but have a lot
of meat vs. seeds and are very tasty. I'm hoping these big boys are the
same.

belly:
Our nights have been quite cool. To try the black plastic idea I'll throw a
black garbage bag until one section of the plant and see what happens.

Thanks all.

wrote in message news:NnsSe.1156$jh7.360@trndny06...
One of my plants has quite a few very large tomatoes but they're not
ripening. They're so big their weight has them either sitting, or nearly
sitting on the ground. I'm afraid they're just going to split. Should I
pick them and hope that they get ripe sitting on the kitchen counter?