Old 07-09-2005, 02:01 AM
Mister Sensitive

Default Gardening Software?

I'm looking for gardening software and can't find what I'm looking for. Has
anyone seen software that will:

Prompt you for your zone, elevation, soil type and other geographic
particulars.

Then let you input the various plants you wish to track. Presumably, the
plants would be from a pick list, as it would have an internal database of
needs of each plant.

The software will then remind you throughout the year, as to your tasks
(pruning, fertilizing, planting, deadheading, etc...). If the reminder comes
at an untimely time, you can hit a snooze bar for several days.

As you complete tasks, you check them off and potentially provide data on
how the plants are doing, so the software could adjust its parameters
accordingly.

Do I want too much? I've seen lots of gardening software that's just
glorified journalling stuff, no inherent intelligence.

Thanks in Advance for your knowledge...