Old 07-09-2005, 02:01 AM
Mister Sensitive

Default Gardening Software?

I'm looking for gardening software and can't find what I'm looking for. Has
anyone seen software that will:

Prompt you for your zone, elevation, soil type and other geographic
particulars.

Then let you input the various plants you wish to track. Presumably, the
plants would be from a pick list, as it would have an internal database of
needs of each plant.

The software will then remind you throughout the year, as to your tasks
(pruning, fertilizing, planting, deadheading, etc...). If the reminder comes
at an untimely time, you can hit a snooze bar for several days.

As you complete tasks, you check them off and potentially provide data on
how the plants are doing, so the software could adjust its parameters
accordingly.

Do I want too much? I've seen lots of gardening software that's just
glorified journalling stuff, no inherent intelligence.

Thanks in Advance for your knowledge...

Old 07-09-2005, 03:45 PM
Teech

This looks kinda cool:

http://www.pleasantlakesoftware.com/Garden_Software.htm

You can download a trial version.

Old 07-09-2005, 08:25 PM
Happy Moose

After reviewing the message paths from Mister Sensitive and Teech, they
appear to be the same person.

Bobby

Old 07-09-2005, 10:09 PM
Mister Sensitive

Sorry Bobby Moose, I don't know Teech. I'm just a homeowner in Hillsborough
with some gardening interest.

Believe it or not, I'm just looking for some software. I haven't looked at
Teech's recommendation, so I don't know yet whether its what I'm looking for
yet.

Do my requirements ring a bell with anyone else?

Thanks,

-Todd Jones
aka Mister Sensitive

om...

Old 08-09-2005, 12:18 AM
tomatolord

No todd - gardening is as much about what is going on as when it is going
on.

I do not need a reminder popping up to tell me to mow the grass or plant the
tomatoes.

It is not too hard to figure out what plants are zone 7 plants etc.

The problem with most of these planners is that they just have the name of
the plant and some charecteristics, when you need pictures and much more
information.

tomatolord.

ink.net...

Old 08-09-2005, 12:34 AM
tomatolord

WARNING will robinson WARNING

It appears our innocent little gardening software is also a SPYBOT!!

I downloaded and never installed it because this is what is in the licensing
agreement....

Why a REAL garden software company would spy on your I do not know.

13. PRODUCT DOWNLOAD FEEDBACK. When downloaded and installed onto your
computer, the Product may automatically send information relating to the
download and install process to Pleasant Lake Software. Pleasant Lake
Software may use the information for such purposes as improving the
reliability of the download and install process and improving its services
to users. The information may include, for example, the configuration of
the Product downloaded and installed, conflicts or errors encountered during
the download and install process, conflicts created during the download and
install process based on the hardware configuration en

Adios big brother!

tomatolord

.. .

Old 08-09-2005, 02:28 AM
MT Byers

Happy Moose wrote:
After reviewing the message paths from Mister Sensitive and Teech, they
appear to be the same person.

Careful! Don't you know this is the "spammer-friendly" newsgroup?
You'll be attacked for pointing out the spammers, just you wait.

Why, I have no clue, but it happens over and over again. You've been
warned! HA!
Old 08-09-2005, 03:28 AM
Mister Sensitive

Happy Moose and Empty Byers,

Thanks for poisoning an otherwise sincere request for information.

I guess paranoia trumps a sincere request for help.

-Todd Jones
Look me up in the Hillsborough Phone Book if you think I have nothing better
to do with my time than put tiny trolls for selling spyware.

"MT Byers" wrote in message
om...

Old 08-09-2005, 03:30 AM
Mister Sensitive

I truly appreciate your dedication to gardening. I'm afraid I take (out of
necessity) a less involved role in managing my botanosphere, hence my
interest in software that will guide my activities. If there's none out
there, I will continue to muddle through.

Old 08-09-2005, 03:32 PM
Teech

Number 1...I (Teech) and not Mister Sensitive. Don't know what the
heck makes you think that.

Number 2...the link I posted was simply a piece of software I found
after doing a Google search prompted by Mister Sensitive's inquiry. I
thought it would be a neat idea to have a piece of software that did
what he was asking....so I went looking for one and found one and
posted it.

Number 3...I had no idea that it contained spyware.

Jeez...sorry.

Old 08-09-2005, 04:34 PM
Teech

Follow up for Mister Sensitive...

I did download and install the software I found (regardless of what
little tidbits of info it might have sent back to the vendor)...and, in
my opinion, it's not all that the description makes it out to be. I
was kinda hoping it would do what it seemed to me to sound like it
would.

I'd be interested if anybody else on this list finds an application
like you described.

Old 09-09-2005, 10:37 PM
Mister Sensitive

Thanks Teech. I'll keep looking and let you know if I find anything...

....and of course, don't forget our appointment for multiple personality
disorder, next Tuesday at 10!

oups.com...