Old 06-09-2005, 09:28 PM
Sacha

On 6/9/05 20:58, in article , "datsy"
wrote:

I've got a number of Scheffleras and they all exude some sticky stuff which
ends up on the carpet around the pot. It does wash out with carpet shampoo,
but this is not something I want to do more than I have to. Does anybody
have any suggestions for controlling the sticky stuff, or getting it off the
carpet without having to drag the carpet shampooer out?

Stop using shampoo is the first thing, I'm afraid. It attracts and holds
the dirt, however well it appears to be rinsed. Can you not get some large
and attractive tray in which you stand all the Scheffleras or a spare piece
of carpet you steam clean every so often?
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk