Old 06-09-2005, 10:37 PM
ned

"solaara" wrote in message

my begonias were ruined this year by caterpillars..I don't know what
sort, but I found two hairy caterpillars on the nearby plants..What

can
I do next year to prevent this happening.......

Grow the nearby plants further away.
Sorry. 'Couldn't resist.

But, are you absolutely certain that it was caterpillar damage on the
begonias.
I had a similar experience this year. Was convinced it was caterpillar
damage because of the droppings. 'Happened to be out at night and
found the plants covered in big garden snails - making caterpillar
like droppings! That, I considered to be sneaky.

--
ned

http://www.bugsandweeds.co.uk
last update 24.08.2005