Old 06-09-2005, 04:08 PM
Registered User

Angry caterpillars

my begonias were ruined this year by caterpillars..I don't know what sort, but I found two hairy caterpillars on the nearby plants..What can I do next year to prevent this happening.......
Old 06-09-2005, 10:37 PM
ned

"solaara" wrote in message

my begonias were ruined this year by caterpillars..I don't know what
sort, but I found two hairy caterpillars on the nearby plants..What

can
I do next year to prevent this happening.......

Grow the nearby plants further away.
Sorry. 'Couldn't resist.

But, are you absolutely certain that it was caterpillar damage on the
begonias.
I had a similar experience this year. Was convinced it was caterpillar
damage because of the droppings. 'Happened to be out at night and
found the plants covered in big garden snails - making caterpillar
like droppings! That, I considered to be sneaky.

--
ned

http://www.bugsandweeds.co.uk
last update 24.08.2005

Old 07-09-2005, 12:22 AM
Kay

In article , solaara solaara.1uye82@
gardenbanter.co.uk writes

my begonias were ruined this year by caterpillars..I don't know what
sort, but I found two hairy caterpillars on the nearby plants..What can
I do next year to prevent this happening.......

Caterpillars are usually pretty specific as to food plant - it's
unlikely that they'll move from one plant to another unless both are
favoured food plants.
--
Kay

Rife Caterpillars Zeppelin Australia 1 24-10-2003 02:12 PM
Caterpillars in sac in apple tree - photo David W.E. Roberts United Kingdom 0 17-06-2003 03:08 PM
little green caterpillars? ratSenoL Texas 6 05-04-2003 11:11 AM
Berberis & caterpillars Judy Rigby United Kingdom 0 18-03-2003 08:44 AM
Caterpillars are amazing! Chris United Kingdom 7 08-12-2002 09:27 PM